Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Matty Di's Insight #1

Don't Overwork Yourself

I've realized recently I don't even know who I am anymore...
I can barely think straight, my life has become one big mesh of stress.
I understand that life is full of hardships and work can be one of them...
but it shouldn't be the only thing.
I used to go out with friends a couple times a week for drinks,
hit up a few parties on the weekends, visit with family, hang out with good friends,
as well as go to work and do the necessary.
Now I find myself getting home from a grueling day ready to pass out after ten to twelve hours, but instead of relaxing, I'm getting on my blackberry (ancient I know) or my laptop and continuing to work.
I find I have no more personal time. I wake up and check my emails while i'm getting ready to go to work, then I go about my long day doing my actual job, then I get home and CONTINUE TO WORK!
This cycle needs to end, if it doesn't end soon, I may completely lose myself.
When I was younger I loved to play the piano, write music, go listen to local bands, djs, etc...
Now I think about the times I did all these things, yet don't have the time to do them.
When I was in College I started doing community theater and fell in love with it, but now I wouldn't even attempt to audition because I don't have the time to devote to something I love.
This is NO life! My Insight is simple, Don't allow yourself to be overworked, don't let the little things go by.
Live Life, Don't just live in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment