Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

EDM Favorites (Electronic Dance Music)

Electronic Dance Music (EDM) has been a part of my life for over a decade.

There are so many genres that now fall under EDM. From Disco to House, from Hardcore to Dubstep, the Electronic genres have spun off in so many different directions that its hard to keep track at times.
I'd like to introduce to you some of these genres, and hope that you can enjoy a spin on music.





Starting with a little Diva House, I hope you remember this mix of  Deborah Cox's -" Nobody's Supposed to be Here", cause I remember being at clubs like Avalon(Limelight) and Element(Bank) while this was pumping through the speakers:






One of the most popular Progressive House tracks by Avicii in 2011/2012 was 'Levels.'
Although over played, with remixes in most genres, Levels displays how EDM can break into the mainstream.




One of my favorite Hardstyle tracks is, "My Life", by Zatox. Take a listen, I also love this video:



For something harder and softer at the same time; I prefer to listen to some Happy Hardcore.
DJ S3RL is one of the top Happy Hardcore DJ's out today and "Pika Girl" is a good example of how hardcore can be happy.



Then you have Skrillex, aka Sonny Moore, who has opened up a the Electro Dubstep genre in which opened the way for other new artists to emerge:







I would love to share more favorites and great songs/tracks for you to enjoy, so this will be a regular entry in my blog. Look for more coming...




No comments:

Post a Comment